Fairchild SickKids Fundraising Day 2018 - Contest Rules
- CONTEST PERIOD.The Contest commences on September 10th, 2018 and ends at 11:59 on September 23rd, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).The Contest is in support of The Hospital for Sick Children Foundation ("SickKids Foundation").
- ELIGIBILITY.The Contest is open to all legal residents of Ontario who are at least 18 years of age.
SickKids Foundation staff, board members, and volunteers directly involved in the conduct of the Contest (the “Contest Sponsor”) are prohibited from purchasing Contest tickets.
- HOW TO ENTER.No purchase necessary. You can enter the contest in one of the following two ways:
- Donate any amount to SickKids Foundation on sickkdsfairchild.com between September 10th, 2018 September 23rd, 2018 at 11:59pm, and the donor will automatically receive one (1) ballot into a draw for the Prize (as defined below).
- To enter the Contest without a donation, e-mail (i) your full name, (ii) email address, (iii) phone number and (iv) a 250 word essay explaining your connection to SickKids, with the subject “Fairchild SickKids Fundraising Day Contest Ballot” to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive one (1) ballot per entry into the Contest.A maximum of one (1) no purchase entry per person is permitted.No purchase entry requests must be emailed during the Contest Period to the address indicated above and must be received no later than September 23 at 11:59 p.m. to ensure entry into the contest.
By entering this Contest, participants acknowledge that they have read and understand the rules and accept and agree to be bound by these rules, including eligibility requirements, and the decisions of SickKids Foundation are final, binding and conclusive on all matters relative to this Contest.
- PRIZES.The Prize is one invitation to attend the Fairchild SickKids Fundraising Day on September 27, 2018 and participate in the agenda described below, including complimentary roundtrip shuttle bus service from two GTA locations, the opportunity to meet the Fairchild DJ in person, and to learn more about SickKids (the “Prize”). There are twenty three (23) prizes to be won. [
Agenda for prize winners:
8:30 a.m. - Bus boarding to SickKids (Hwy 7 and Warden)
9:00 a.m. – second stop (TBC)
10:00 a.m. – Guests arrive and meet DJ
10:30-11:15 a.m. – Gift & Estate Planning Session in Hollywood Theatre
11:15 a.m. – 11:45 a.m. – Hospital Tour (Optional)
11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Garden Terrace/Patio for Refreshments and Questions
12:15 p.m. – Board bus to go home
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and may not be transferred, exchanged or refunded. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
- DRAW.The draws will take place on September 24, 2018 at SickKids Foundation, Toronto ON M5G 2L3 at approximately 10:00am EST. After each draw, the winner is recorded and the ticket is removed from the contest drum for the remaining draws.
Odds of being selected depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant must correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question and complete, sign and return a declaration and release form (and any other documents, as applicable) within two (2) days of being the selected entrant (the “Prize Claim Date”). All Prizes must be claimed by the Prize Claim Date.
If a selected entrant cannot be reached within 2 days of being selected for a prize, is not in compliance with these Contest rules, incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, declines the Prize as awarded, or fails to return the declaration and release form (and any other documents, as applicable) by the Prize Claim Date, the Prize may be forfeited to the Contest Sponsor and Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible entries. Prize will be awarded upon receipt of the properly completed and executed declaration and release form and verification of Prize winner’s identity. A selected entrant may be required to provide photo identification, their occupation and employer in order to substantiate their eligibility.
- The decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final and entrant agrees to abide by all of the instructions and decisions of the Contest Sponsor.In the event of any dispute regarding the interpretation of these Contest rules, the decision or interpretation of the Contest Sponsor shall prevail.
- No communications will be entered into except with selected entrants.
- All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor.Any entry that is illegible, incomplete, altered, or contains false information, is invalid.Contest Sponsor is not responsible for lost, stolen, delayed, damaged or misdirected claims or entries or for any problems or technical malfunction of any internet or telephone network or broadcast transmission during the Contest Period.The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or omissions with respect to the printing or advertising of this Contest and reserves the right to withdraw, amend or cancel this Contest in the event of a printing or administrative error.
- The Contest Sponsor may, at their sole discretion and without liability, terminate the Contest in whole or in part, without notice, or modify or suspend the Contest at any time, if fraud, technical failures including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, or communications or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, integrity or security of the Contest or if any other factor interferes with the conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Rules.
- The Contest Sponsor accepts no responsibility for loss, damage or claims caused by the awarded prizes or the Contest itself.By entering, entrant releases and holds harmless Contest Sponsor, The Hospital for Sick Children, the Prize providers and all of their respective directors, officers, members, employees, agents, successors and assigns from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or any prize won.
- The Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual from the Contest if the Contest Sponsor finds or believes such individual to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; to be acting in violation of the Contest rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass the Contest Sponsor, other entrants or any other person.Any attempt by an entrant or any other person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- By entering this Contest, each entrant consents to the Contest Sponsor’s use, should the entrant become a winner, of the entrant`s name, place of residence and photograph or other likeness, without further compensation or notice, for publicity, advertising or informational purposes in any media or format (including the Internet) in connection with this Contest or future similar Contests.
- For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose personal information is printed on the Entry Form or somewhere else such as on the donation or the request for a no purchase entry, as the case may be. It is to this person that the mathematical skill-testing question will be asked and the Prize awarded if selected and declared a winner.
- Unless entrants otherwise indicate, the personal information gathered about entrants in the course of this Contest will be used by the Contest Sponsor for the administration of the Contest, fundraising, the administration of donations, providing information about the activities of the Hospital for Sick Children Foundation and The Hospital For Sick Children, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements and to ask for support in our mission to improve children's health. Each potential winner agrees to the use of his/her name, comments, photograph, and other likeness for publicity purposes, and grants to the Contest Group any and all rights to said use without further compensation.
- The Contest Sponsor shall not be responsible for any damages for a failure to operate the Contest in accordance with these Contest Rules in any case where their incapacity to act results from circumstances or a situation beyond their reasonable control or because of a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their company or those of businesses which services are used for holding this Contest, war, riot, insurrection, earthquake, terrorism, civil commotion, fire, flood, accident, storm or any other act of nature.
- These Contest Rules and the rights and obligations and relations of the parties hereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. Each party hereto does hereby attorn to the jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Ontario.
- The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Contest rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Contest rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.