News & Media
Latest news, videos and publications from SickKids Foundation.
Connecting to Social Networks
|SickKids Foundation on Facebook||SickKids Foundation on Flickr|
|SickKids Foundation on Twitter||SickKids Foundation on YouTube|
|SickKids Foundation Blog|
We look forward to reading your comments, stories and links, and viewing your photos and videos. Please review our posting guidelines below prior to joining the conversation. Thank you.
SickKids Social Community Rules
SickKids encourages conversation and sharing on its social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube and blogs.
However, we make reasonable efforts to monitor all posted material to ensure it is on topic, respectful and non-commercial. Nothing on the sites should be deemed as medical advice. Our administrators reserve the right to remove any post deemed inappropriate, without notice.
Please be aware that what is posted online can remain online for many years to come. We encourage you to exercise caution when speaking of you or your child's medical condition. Please do not disclose personal information such as medical records, your location, financial information, etc.
We look forward to reading your comments, stories and links, and viewing your photos and videos. Thank you for joining the conversation.
The views and opinions expressed on the Foundation's social media pages reflect the thoughts of the online community members and not necessarily those of SickKids Foundation, The Hospital for Sick Children, any of its corporate affiliates or staff. We do not control the submitted content posted on the social media channels and as such, do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such content.
You agree to not submit any content that:
- is offensive as determined by the Foundation, in our sole and unfettered discretion, including, without limitation, content that promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- could be harmful to minors;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail", "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing or "spamming";
- promotes information that is false, misleading, illegal or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party including, without limitation, promoting an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- contains restricted or password only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- displays pornographic or sexually explicit material of any kind;
- provides material that exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner, or solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18;
- provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information );
- engages in commercial activities and/or sales, such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, and pyramid schemes, without our prior written consent; and
- contains or will contain any disabling mechanism or protection feature designed to prevent its use, including any clock, timer, counter, computer virus, worm, software lock, drop dead device, Trojan horse routine, trap door, time bomb or any other codes, designs, routines or instructions that may be used to access, modify, replicate, distort, delete damage or disable the Content, any Services or this Site and any world wide web pages or any operating system software or hardware on which such Content, Service or Site is operated or displayed except as specifically designed into the Content.