News & Media
Latest news, videos and publications from SickKids Foundation.
Communications General Inquiries:
How Donations Help
See your donations at work:
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
Your Donations at Work
Here is what your donations supported in January 2012
At SickKids, we aim to set the global standard in care, research and learning so that every day, we can improve the lives of our patients and their families. Your generous support allows us to make a difference for the people who need it most.
In January 2012 alone, SickKids Foundation granted $4,366,997 to support critical work at the Hospital. Here are some of the projects your donations supported:
- $20,744 to purchase a specular microscope for research into eye diseases
- $43,958 to support research to develop an awareness project for sudden death in epilepsy
- $20,000 to support Dr. Christopher Forrest's research into craniofacial deformities
- $289 to purchase rocker swings sets for infants at the Hospital
- $5,000 to help fund the purchase of glasses and contact lenses for children from low income families.
- $30,000 to purchase glucose monitors for children with diabetes. Each year, SickKids treats close to 100 children and adolescents who have been newly diagnosed with diabetes.
- $206,502 to support six fellowships in ophthalmology. SickKids is North America's largest training centre for the next generation of children’s eye specialists.