News & Media
Latest news, videos and publications from SickKids Foundation.
Communications General Inquiries:
How Donations Help
See your donations at work:
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
Your donations at work
Here is what your donations supported in July 2011
SickKids Foundation is driven by the belief that improving the health and well-being of children is one of the most powerful ways we can change our community. It is our motivation for everything we do.
Last year, the Foundation provided $57.9 million in financial support to priorities in patient care, research and learning. In July 2011 alone, $4,095,822 was granted to the Hospital to bring us one step closer to reaching our vision: Healthier Children. A Better World.
Here are some of the projects this funding supported:
- $50,000 to support organ and bone marrow transplant research by Dr. Amer Shammas.
- $48,750 for Dr. Abhijit Guha’s research on brain tumours.
- $8,295 to support diabetes research.
- $80,000 to support Safe Kids Canada.
- $22,500 to fund a fellowship in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- $18,000 to support a fellowship in the Transplant Centre.
- $150,000 to support the Patient Amenities Fund, which assists families with expenses related to their child's hospitalization.
- $112,975 to renovate the Labatt Family Heart Centre.