News & Media
Latest news, videos and publications from SickKids Foundation.
Communications General Inquiries:
How Donations Help
See your donations at work:
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
Your donations at work
Here is what your donations supported in November 2011
Family-centred care and world-renowned research are at the heart of everything we do at SickKids. Every day we change the lives of our patients and their families. Last year the Foundation provided $57.9 million to SickKids. In November 2011 alone, the Foundation granted $3,589,883 to support the Hospital’s ongoing commitment to research, learning and care. This wouldn’t have been made possible without the support of our generous donors. Thank you.
Here are some of the projects this funding supported:
- $5,000 in support of Dr. Stanley Read’s research into infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS.
- $4,000 in support of Dr. Vito Forte's research of the larynx.
- $ 7,892 to provide training kits to new staff at the Labatt Family Heart Centre.
- $793 in support of the Beanstalk program, which enhances the early development of young children in long-term care at the Hospital through games and educational activities.
- $41,716 for renovations to the reading room in the Family Resource Centre.
- $718 to purchase hospital garments for patients in the burn program.