Inspirational SickKids stories.
- Joan Foster
- Healy Family
- Three To Be
- Leblanc Family
- Tim Hockey
- Hilker Family
- Ruth and George Donaldson
- Steve and Scott Cameron
- Kelly Kilbride
- Steven Wise
- Arthur and Sonia Labatt
- Sydney Whyte
- Dave Sarin
Recent Donor Spotlights
- Davies Ward Phillips & Vineberg LLP
- Canaccord Genuity
- Torys LLP
- Holcim Canada Inc. and Dufferin Concrete
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP
- Osler Hoskin and Harcourt LLP
For the week of: March 3, 2014
Mining4Life Charity Challenge
The Mining Industry Mining4Life Charity Challenge has raised an incredible $10,000,000 in support of children's health initiatives around the world. Contributions made to SickKids have helped to fund: the Peter Gilgan Centre for Research and Learning; SickKids International initiatives, which touch the lives of children across Africa, South America and the Caribbean; and the creation of the Mining4Life Global Child Health Strategy at SickKids.
This strategy will support the following areas at SickKids:
- Development of the Chair in Mineral Nutrition
- SickKids International Patient Fund
- The SickKids International Fellowship Program
- Global Child Health Programs at SickKids such as No Boundaries African Nursing Education
For more information on the event or to learn about how the funds are being used please visit: www.mining4life.org
We thank The Mining Industry Mining4Life Charity Challenge for aligning with our vision and belief that every child deserves to be healthy.
Last November, when my daughter Kimberley turned 50, I decided to make a donation in our names to SickKids Foundation by giving a SickKids Get Better Gift. I searched through the online symbolic giving catalogue and chose a Safe Ride Home – so another mother would know the joy of bringing home her precious baby from the hospital, as I did many years ago.