Are we in your area?
As Ontario begins the gradual reopening of the economy, SickKids is strictly adhering to all Public Health Guidelines when performing face-to-face fundraising. Fundraisers will continue to meet or exceed safety guidelines when speaking to the public by following these procedures:
- Maintain a 6-ft /2 metre distance while engaging with the public
- Wear masks
- Use disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizers after every interaction
- Not share materials or documents to ensure the entire process is touchless
- Mail out all welcome packages instead of handing them out in person
SickKids fundraisers can be easily identified by their identification badges (which they should present upon request). They will also be wearing SickKids branded items such as vests, polo shirts and tablet bags. Our fundraisers carry touchless tablets to efficiently collect your contact information only and will never accept cheques or cash at the door.
Once you decide to become a monthly donor, the fundraiser will ask you to fill out a form with your contact information on their tablet, which will be sent to Globalfaces Direct (our vendor) verification centre. You will receive a call from the following number: 833-605-1665. A representative will speak to you over the phone to verify the information received from the tablet and will then ask you for your banking information to complete the sign-up process. An email will be sent immediately confirming your donation.
As a new monthly donor you’ll receive:
- An email confirming your donation and introducing our patient Everett, your SickKids welcome buddy
- A package in the mail and a phone call officially welcoming you to the SickKids monthly donor community
- A consolidated receipt for your contributions in the current tax year at the end of February of the following year
- Patient stories and updates about the hospital and the impact of your life-changing donations from Everett and his friends
SickKids Foundation adheres to the Imagine Canada guidelines for compensation in the not-for-profit sector and is an accredited member of their standards program. Our fundraisers are compensated with an hourly wage. To learn more about Imagine Canada and their standards, please visit imaginecanada.ca/