Are we in your area?
Health and safety are top priorities for both our canvassers and the public. SickKids Foundation has been closely monitoring the developments related to COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease) and will adjust our fundraising activities as needed. The risk to the public is still considered low and our fundraisers continue to follow Public Health Ontario recommendations:
- Wash hands often and well
- Exercise good hand hygiene (limit hand shaking, use sanitizing wipes or lotions to clean self and shared equipment, avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth)
- Use Lysol wipes to disinfect pitch cards and tablets
- Stay home if unwell
Canvassers work from 3 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and occasionally Saturday. This is the time when most people are home.
Once a donor has successfully signed up for a monthly donation, you should receive:
1. A bookmark with the fundraiser name and ID on it
2. A Welcome package that includes a donor bead bracelet
3. A patient postcard for donors who sign up for $30 a month
4. A confirmation email welcoming you to the SickKids monthly giving program confirming your donation commitment
Patients treated at SickKids come from different parts of Ontario and Canada. Some even come from other countries. The research and discoveries that happen at SickKids benefit children everywhere.
Each week our map is updated with the towns/cities where canvassers are located. There may be locations not listed on the map due to last minute changes. Please check back tomorrow if you do not see your location on the map.