During this time of crisis for all Canadian hospitals, your support of SickKids Foundation has never been more important. SickKids has been closely monitoring the developments related to the COVID-19 situation. Health and safety for all is the top priority and we want to ensure our community is protected. As Ontario continues to see a decline in COVID-19 cases, and as Toronto moves to Stage 3 of reopening, we felt it an appropriate time to cautiously resume this type of fundraising initiative. We are adhering to public health guidelines to ensure everyone is safe while continuing to fundraise to reach our ambitious goal and build a much-needed new SickKids.
- Canvassers are keeping a safe 2 metre distance while talking to people
- Canvassers are wearing a face mask for safety, using hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes to clean all items touched
- The entire process is touchless - your welcome package will now be mailed to you
Yes, a Welcome Package with a donor bead bracelet, welcoming you to SickKids will be mailed within 2 weeks
The funds raised through our mall canvassing program goes towards the highest priority needs of SickKids, which includes urgent measures to combat COVID-19 as well as supporting the building of a new SickKids.
Canvassers are adhering to public health guidelines to ensure everyone is safe while continuing to fundraise to reach our ambitious goal and build a much-needed new SickKids.
· Canvassers maintain a 6-ft /2 metre distance while engaging with the public
· Canvassers wear masks or face shields
· Canvassers will use disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizers after every interaction
· Canvassers will remain a safe distance when speaking to anyone
· Canvassers will not share materials or documents to ensure the entire process is touchless
· Welcome packages will be mailed
· Canvassers will not work if they are experiencing any symptoms associated with the virus