As Ontario begins to gradually reopen, SickKids is strictly adhering to all Public Health Guidelines when performing mall/outdoor fundraising. Fundraisers will continue to meet or exceed safety guidelines when speaking to the public by following these procedures:
- Maintain a 6-ft /2 metre distance while engaging with the public
- Wear masks
- Use disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizers after every interaction
- Not share materials or documents to ensure the entire process is touchless
- Mail out all welcome packages instead of handing them out in person
Once you decide to become a monthly donor, the fundraiser will ask for your contact information, donation amount and payment method and enter it on their tablet. After the information is collected, it is sent to a secure server and removed from the tablet. No donor information is stored on the tablet. At the completion of the sign-up process, an email will be sent immediately confirming your donation and welcoming you to the SickKids monthly donor community. Within a few days, a representative from Public Outreach will call to thank you for your monthly donation.
As a new monthly donor, you’ll receive:
- An email confirming your donation and introducing our patient Everett, your SickKids welcome buddy
- A package in the mail and a phone call officially welcoming you to the SickKids monthly donor community
- Patient stories and updates about the hospital and the impact of your life-changing donations from Everett and his friends
- A consolidated tax receipt for your contributions in the current tax year at the end of February
SickKids Foundation adheres to the Imagine Canada guidelines for compensation in the not-for-profit sector and is an accredited member of their standards program. Our fundraisers are compensated with an hourly wage. To learn more about Imagine Canada and their standards, please visit imaginecanada.ca.